What means LR on my photo?

Hi,
I’m new member, what means “LR” abbrevation on my observations photo?
Thank you

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I have no idea, but I’m positive someone will answer very soon.

I just looked at your observations (I love the Short-toed Snake-Eagle at https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/42944210) and I don’t see “LR” on any of your observation photos. The icons that I see at the bottom of each photo are the copyright symbol (c with a circle around it), a flag that can be used if a photo is not appropriate, and an “i” which gives info about the photo when you click it. Do you see those at the bottom of your photos? Where is the “LR” located?

2 Likes

Welcome! What language settings are you using for your account? Is it Italian?

2 Likes

LR=“Livello Ricerca” in Italian or RG=“Research Grade” in English. Research grade observations can be used in research by scientists.

4 Likes

This seems to me like the correct answer, although LR does not necessarily mean something will be used in research, it does improve the odds that a researcher will take it into account - congratulations @mannynblack on your multiple LR observations. [edit to say I changed my settings to Italian, and yes, it is LR in Italian for RG in English]

4 Likes

Thank you so much to all for all replies, My language is italian so it means “livello ricerca”.
Question solved :)
Manny

3 Likes