Just putting this out there to see what other people think (and prevent a derailment of the original thread).
Options so far, and my attempt at summarizing the opinions expressed:
- Research Grade - easiest to implement, motivates users, implies too much
- (Community) Verified - still implies too much
- (Community/Majority) Consensus Reached - a bit vague
- (Community) Identified - sensible counterpart to “Needs ID”
- Export Grade / Shared with Partners / GBIF-Ready - emphasis on what this state allows
- ID Confidence (Rating/Level) - ?
- Net Effective Summed Reputation Score - too verbose, describes a hypothetical future iNat
- Quality/Consensus Reviewed - ?
- No name or label at all - no more arguments, theoretically
- Research Ready - still motivates users, implies slightly less
- Majority Agreed Taxon/ID - ?
Poll: pick all the options you’d be satisfied with
- Research Grade
- Research Ready
- (Community) Verified
- (Community/Majority) Consensus Reached
- (Community) Identified
- Export Grade etc.
- No name at all
Poll #2: Which variant of the leading candidate would you prefer?
- Community Identified