You know you're seriously into iNat when

Yup…
Screenshot_20210510-213622_Brave

9 Likes

15 minutes? You mean every 1 minute?

8 Likes

same here

2 Likes

Well you stop every one minute to get a picture of a bug then spend 15 minutes actually getting a good enough pictures.

13 Likes

The perfect way to put it.

3 Likes

I did that before – only never knew where it would lead. Now it leads to Inat

5 Likes

When you realy wish you could meat another iNater to go hiking with so you can stop having to explain why you take pictures of everything that you see. Then explain again because you were being tuned out.

PS: I also almost said “go iNating with” instead of “go hiking with”… I guess thats another way you know you’re into iNat!

7 Likes

Anyone here had dreams about doing IDs? I’m waiting for that to happen to me.

9 Likes

Yes I have dreamed about doing IDs.

2 Likes

Sometimes when I am planning a trip I think about looking up local iNatters and asking them for favorite hiking locations, although I haven’t actually done that, only thought of it.

2 Likes

…when your muscle memory is so tuned to uploading photos from your mobile phone to iNat, that when you want to share a photo from your camera roll with a different app (Dropbox, Social Media apps…), it invariably ends up in the upload form of iNat, to be deleted again.

(I never use the inbuilt ‘add observation’ button of iNat, always use the phone gallery)

15 Likes

… when my husband texts me saying he’s netted a bug and do I want to see it? :joy:

12 Likes

When you have a chat to a close Male friend late on Friday evening and he asks:

“And what will you do, with the little rest of the evening?”

And you (me) reply:

“Well… first I gonna upload these two flys…”

And he interrupts you laughing:

“Yes… that’s what girls do, when the weekend starts… upload FLYS… that is so YOU!”

15 Likes

Guy in the bar: * flirtatiously * Do you want to take this to another place… my place?

Girl: Only if you have spiders to iNat…

Guy: What?

Girl: What?

14 Likes

My wife netted Apatura ilia on our backyard and asked for further instructions from me at work.

5 Likes

Telling my eye doctor yesterday that I wanted 15X magnification added to my Rx of my “bug glasses.” He was calling them my ‘occupational glasses,’ I corrected him! I told him that sometimes you can’t tell the sex of insects without looking at the genitalia! :smiling_imp: I saw a grin come upon his face as he faced the pc screen. Hey, I didn’t say anything improper or suggestive. It’s “only nature!” I guess non-bug people aren’t use to hearing those words very often.

11 Likes

She sounds like a keeper!

1 Like

It is in the middle of the night, and you see a big moth outside. Even though you are sleepy, you still want to take a picture of it. However, you become so excited about it that you also wake-up and try to convince another family member to take pictures too! :rofl:

14 Likes

You get honked at for driving along very slowly on back roads looking for flowers to photograph, then you jump out of the car to get a good angle and step into a ditch up to your knees.

8 Likes

Heck ya! And then I try to ID the beetle when I’m awake and then remember that goliath beetles aren’t purple!

1 Like