You know you're seriously into iNat when

when ur friends shout out your name as “Insect guy/ Bug guy” in front of the whole school and keep calling u for identifications

4 Likes

yes
(…but not a bad one in my opinion)

2 Likes

When your family asks you to design a t-shirt for a reunion and you can’t get past the obvious visuals of your surname.

And for me, this works for both sides. My mother’s maiden name is the Ukrainian word for mosquitoe.

Born to bug.

(Hey, maybe that could be the reunion slogan?)

3 Likes

… you finally switch on the ‘show scientific names first’ option.

5 Likes

When nature comes to you, not the reverse.

7 Likes

… oh no

20 Likes

You create a calendar to send as a holiday gift that has pictures of spiders, forgetting that no one else wants to look at spiders much less hang them on the wall. (But they are so CUTE and pretty!)

And you have friends who won’t open your emails if they have attachments for fear that they might contain photos of spiders or snakes. Or other supposedly loathsome things. What does that even mean?

12 Likes

You know you’re seriously into iNat when…you’ve visited the forum 365 consecutive days…

6 Likes

Nice moth.

Moths.) Thank you!

1 Like

OOOOH I found the second one!!!

Hey I would love to have a spider calendar hanging on my wall.

4 Likes

spiders are lovely and one of my favorite of all time. I love to hang their pictures on a wall

3 Likes

Haha! This happened to me a few nights ago! (And yes, of course it was a moth.)

3 Likes

Do you still have it?

Of you would also like to help Jeff Bezos get back into orbit, be comforted by the fact that he’s ready to help you.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I have any copies of the spider calendar left. We tried to foist them on folks ;) I can go look, though, if you’re interested. It’s not that my photos are as good as some of the ones I see here, but some are fairly decent, and I tried to include more than just the jumping spiders.

Oh, I should add that it was for 2021. I learned my lesson and for 2022 just did a Birds of North Carolina calendar. This year I’ll try for both birds and maybe dragonflies since I think most folks don’t get upset over photos of dragonflies and they are pretty, too. Each year I try to gather some of my better photos to make a calendar, but I challenge myself to try to include species I haven’t included in the past and photos that were taken the previous year, i.e. photos taken in 2022 for the 2023 calendar. My 2022 calendar wasn’t that great but I like to think I’m improving…

3 Likes

You know you’re seriously into iNat when…

(“Oh look, a holiday greeting card from Bob. This year’s theme seems to be slime molds. Nice change from last year’s zombie fungi.”)

7 Likes

DO YOU HAVE ANY LINKS? :heart_eyes:

Oh…

Birds and dragonflies sound nice as well!

1 Like