504 gateway error when creating a new species

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Opera

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: n/a

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: This is now twice in 3 days I’ve created a new species, had it loading for 5 mins after I press save, and then getting a 504 gateway error

Step 2: The first time, it seemed the species hadn’t been created, but then after 30 mins it appeared

Step 3: waiting to see if it appears after 30 mins again this time around

confirmed, species has been created now

Were these all at the same time-ish of day? I occasionally get short periods of 504 errors when editing taxa, but it works as expected a short while later

yeah, within 40 mins of each other

Just happened again. Time 11:56 BST
I’ll wait a while before trying again.

Again now, 10:25-10:45 UTC

Thanks for the dates/times - we’ve seen some performance issues at around that time. If it happens again please do share more dates and times here.

10:50 UTC - on creating a new taxon, oddly the name showed up under the parent, but clicking on the link then gave me the 404 ‘mole’ page
11:00 - 11:10 UTC - Filtering flags by taxon, can’t recall getting this error here before. Filtering content type works as expected

Does the server log 504’s? Surely that’d give a better picture than the posts here.

Both back working a expected after 11:20 UTC

10:28-11:16 UTC Editing and creating taxa returns 504

10:45-11:15ish

Mon 09 Aug 10:13-11:10 UTC worked ok a few mins before and during the previous hour
Tue 10 Aug 10:49-11:35 UTC