A general request for more people to make videos of what they observe

yes, I try to upload the video first then post the observation, if I have to do it the other way around I’ll edit it it in and make a note for anyone who added an ID so they can check it out.

Bonjour je commence justement à faire des vidéos, je les partagerai sur ma chaine youtube Observe la nature - YouTube

Personally I think, to be a naturalist, identifying just the id should not be the end part. I like to observe the behavioral differences of different species in different regions e.g animals/birds behave differently when they’re with their cubs/chicks, birds look and behave differently in their native breeding places and migrated regions etc. They may look completely different in its breeding plumage etc.

1 Like

I struggle with using YouTube, but I post things like that on instagram for personal reference and in case its an important species somewhat frequently

1 Like

I think videos will certainly help to identify Ids accurately. There are so many species which looks almost similar and share a common habitat. It is very easy to say that an expert will identify it but in reality it is impossible to identify them accurately from a Still image somehow taken where neither the behavior nor the size can be determined, no matter how big an expert he/she is. But if a video clip can be shown to the experts they will easily identify the species by watching their behavior, size etc. To check the issue I have uploaded an Still image today (not too complicated one) and waiting to check whether and how the Experts identify it accurately.