A more easily-accessible and 'fun' user stats/'achievements' page/section

The goal of iNat, in general terms, is to help engage people with nature. Personally, I’ve always loved looking at my stats and achievements for, well pretty much anything. I’m the kind of person who logs every book i read and movie I watch so i can ask questions like ‘What is the least popular book i read this year, what is the oldest movie i have seen?’ and so on.

I know iNaturalist keeps a lot of this data, but sometimes it is hidden. So, I propose a page/section on the user-profile that displays a users stats, achivements, and in general cool things they have done.

For example, What is the rarest species I have seen on iNat? How many other people have seen it? If I was the first person to observe X within a particular country that could be displayed.

There are potentially hundreds of these neat little stats that could be displayed, so maybe a user could have the option to pick, say, 5 questions that then get displayed on their profile. For example, I might select ‘Rarest Observation’, which displays the obs. i have that is the rarest, ‘Native Bees’, showing the % of bees native to my most-active (or selected) region I’ve seen, ‘Favourite Observation’, which is one I could select, ‘Aberrant observation’, a species I have observed outside of it’s usual range, ‘Largest Animal’, showing the animal i have observed with the largest average weight.

I guess I can’t really talk for other people, but I’m the kind of person who loves looking back at this sort of data, and I’m probably not the only one.

I would love to browse such stats. I enjoyed looking at the my personal statistical year review that INat made available last month, which effectively covered my entire INat experience as I only joined in 2019.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @abdullateefismail!

1 Like

You can also use the statistics page for this year (2020) too, although it obviously will only have a little bit of data as we’re 10 days in.

https://www.inaturalist.org/stats/2020

3 Likes