Add text formatting buttons to Notes field of observations

As I sometimes add some long descriptions of the organism studied, I think necessary to add buttons (bold, italics, underlined, …) to the plain text of Notes, the same to the comments below.

Changed the title to make a bit more specific. Right now you can use text formatting in the Notes section of an observation, just type in the correct characters. But yes, there are no formatting buttons to make it easier.

We’re only going to add these formatting buttons to pages that use React, so I think it mgiht be possible on the actual observation page, but not on the observation’s Edit page - that page will need to be rewritten in order to support it.

1 Like

Thanks for changing the tittle, I’m happy to know you know what I mean, english is not my mother language.

you can use text formatting in the Notes section of an observation, just type in the correct characters.

If I add an asterisk before and after the word it turns to italics, how can I write bold or underlined? And what is React ?

**bold**
not sure about underline but there is a forum/journal post somewhere outlining the markdown

Thanks!

https://www.inaturalist.org/posts/38475-less-agreeable-observations-more-agreeable-text-formatting

1 Like