An odd quirk of the android app

I have noticed that when I open the Android app, it does not load updates until I upload a new observation. So for example, my most recent upload was via my desktop, uploaded two days ago and has since reached Research Grade. Whereas today when I opened the app, that observation does not show in the list of observations at all; in both list view and grid view, I can only see up to the time of my most recent upload via the app. Here are the screenshots:

Desktop website:

Android app:

Now, I know that as soon as I use the app to upload an observation, the list will update and the Salal observation will then show between the Green Falsejingle and whatever I upload next. At that time, the gray icons will also turn pink to show new IDs and comments since the last upload. But why? I am assuming that this is not a bug but has something to do with the way the app works. Is there a reason why it does not update with website uploads until the next app upload?

1 Like

in the app, just reload the list by dragging down on the list and releasing.

3 Likes

Don’t know anything about the why… but you can pull down the screen at the topmost observation. Then a turning circle will appear and then your observations are updated. I do this all the time, because I only upload via the website but do want to see updates for example in the bed in the morning. :-)

1 Like

Looks good, only updates if you request for it. I should not want to have my mobile data wasted on stuff like updates.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.