Badges formatting issue

This is the most minor of issues, but recently when you click on a user profile and get the little window, the badges leak past the edge like this:

A minor irritant, but now that I have seen it, I cannot unsee.

3 Likes

Is this the same issue? In my case, additionally, about a 1/3rd of the pop up is cutoff on the left side.

iOS 14.1, Safari

I also see this on, on this page in fact :)

Macbook Pro. Google Chrome Version 86.0.4240.80 (Official Build) (x86_64)

2 Likes

This is a different issue and so I’m probably supposed to split it out, but if we’re looking at formatting problems with the badges I also wish we could get the badges array set up in a consistent order. For example, the bronze and silver levels for the reply / topic / link badges are stacked in order, but the golds got mixed up.

Seen on a Lenovo ThinkPad running Google Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Huh, on the Badges page in my profile, there doesn’t seem to be any order at all. I just figured the icons were shown in the order received.

2 Likes

Whatever order there may be, it isn’t that…

2 Likes

Yeah, this was showing a different spot. Not the badges page on your profile, but the global list on https://forum.inaturalist.org/badges where it checks off the ones you’ve earned. Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

I just like that you picked my profile as your example… :smiley:

1 Like

Looking at the page they are organized by:
Level 1: Category (Getting Started, Community, Posting)
Level 2: Color/Metal (Bronze, Silver, Gold, within Category)
Level 3: Alphabetical (within Color/Metal)

On the profile page (at least mine), though, there only appear to be two levels:
Level 1: Color/Metal (Bronze, Silver, Gold)
Level 2: Alphabetical (within Color/Metal)

Not that that’s the best scheme…

Solved on another thread.