• GUINEA PIGS
  • HORSES
  • BIRDS
  • GOATS
  • FISH
  • MICE

0 voters

1 Like

I object on the grounds that there are no herps on this list!

15 Likes

Well I live in New Zealand and it is illegal to keep lizeads (the only ‘herp’ we have here)
in NZ and we have no snakes but I guess I could add a turtle.

Piggies if you don’t mind some unexpected health problems and that all rodents die fast if you don’t treat those, plus everyone says they’re easy to care for, while you have to read tons to understand how to do it right and have to find a good vet who specialize on rodents. But they will definitely live much longer than rats and mice and if you’re lucky they can leave up to 10 years, though now it is very rare, 5y is a regular life span.
Horses and goats are not for life in flat, so they’re more like pet farm animals than regular pets.

3 Likes

I think “birds” is too much of a broad category. Having a canary is completely different from keeping an african grey, for example.
That being said, you can’t beat 17.000 years of domestication and companionship from an already social species, so dog it is for me!

4 Likes

DEFINITELY cat!

5 Likes

How come @lia_the_naturalist? And do you have many?

And no mollusks!

8 Likes

And no plants.)

3 Likes

Ok then name five people who own mollusks and I’ll add them

3 Likes

Well, because cats are such good companions. Plus, you don’t have to take them for a walk every day, only a few times a week. But really, it’s just because how kind they are. I also like how, especially if they’re indoor cats, they get sooo attached to you! Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs, but cats are definitely my favorite.
As for how many cats I have, I used to have multiple cats, but most recently I only had one, my favorite out of them all. Unfortunately, he died not to long ago. I plan on getting another cat around late October.

4 Likes

@hedgehog111 You didn’t put hedgehogs on the list, either. That said my cousin has a hedgehog and he’s absolutely the grumpiest little animal ever. I don’t think I’d want one for a pet.

3 Likes

Sorry about your cats. Just the problem about cats is that not nearly enough people have them as inside cats which can be a big problem for the environment.

4 Likes

Yes, that is unfortunately true. It can be harmful for the cats as well, if they live in a busy (like with traffic) area, or an area with predators. I do, however, support walking your cat on a leash.

3 Likes

Your right I did forget but you can’t change a poll after 5 minutes sorry.

Achatinas (Giant African land snail and similar big species) are so popular and you can find multiple groups about pet mollusks on any social plantform. And well, if you come to any student organisation that has snails they will offer you a lot of them, they’re laying eggs as crazy.

3 Likes

I have 2, Box Turtle and Madagascar Hissing Cockroach. Box Turtle because they are so cute and aren’t too hard to take care of, and the Cockroaches because they are super easy to care for and they live longer than other insect pets.

3 Likes

I had a Roman snail for a pet for more than a year. And when I lived in the San Diego area, I kept a small two-spot octopus for a pet for two or three months.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried to keep a butterfly as a pet?

1 Like

I can’t pick one!

2 Likes