Can't scroll on web uploader from mobile

When I try to upload an observation from the website sometimes, my screen looks zoomed in and I can’t zoom out or scroll around to where it says “Sumbit observation.” I don’t know if this is a problem with my phone or with the site.

Hi Andy, If you’re describing a problem in one of the mobile apps, please tell us which app (Android or iPhone) and describe what you are seeing in as much detail as possible (titles, layout).If the bug relates to our Android app, please send a log file to help@inaturalist.org right after the bug occurs. To send a log file, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to help@inaturalist.org.

Oops, misread.

i can’t do any intentional scrolling on the web uploader page on my phone. i suspect that may be just that the page is not optimized for mobile devices. if i navigate directly to that page rather than through another iNaturalist page, i will get a zoomed in version of that page, where as you noted, the submit button is unavailable (since the screen is not scrollable).

that said, if you’re going to be uploading observations on your phone, you might want to consider using the iNaturalist app instead of the website. (i suspect that efforts to make the web upload page mobile friendly will be low on the list of things to do, since the apps exist and offer a better way to upload observations on a phone.)

1 Like

Thanks

This is an issue with the website when I use my iPhone. This does not happen with the app.

1 Like

Ack, sorry. Missed seeing that. I added the #web tag and updated the title to make it a bit more specific.

I have the same problem with android browsers, it just stays zoomed and all I can do is try to reach to Upload button, then the problem dissapears.

Hello, I don’t know if it’s appropriate to reignite the conversation but, I have the same problem again in 2021!

I am using an Android tablet.

I cannot scroll the upload page.

I discovered some tips to counter the problem:

1. Drag your finger across the page to scroll.
    After ten or more attempts, the page
    scrolls. Then there is a small bar on the
    right side that appears. You can use it to
    scroll the page as you like.

2. If possible, click on the zone to write
    which allows to add the name of the
    species on the window on the left. There
    will be a small window with a list of
    suggested species. If you make the finger
    gesture to zoom in or scroll on the small
    window, the page should zoom in (or out)
    and scroll a bit.

I speak French so I use Google translations to translate what I write. I hope my explanation is not too difficult to understand.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon because I waste a lot of time doing my manipulations which allow me to get around the bug.

1 Like