Change Layout of Recently Resolved Flags

At the bottom of the flag page, there’s a list of recently resolved flags. I don’t really use this, but I saw a flag today that I wanted to investigate and it took me a surprisingly long time to figure out exactly which resolution went with each flag.

This it what it looks like:
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.57.16 PM

How I thought the gaps divided the flags:
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.55.11 PM

How the flags are actually divided:
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.53.01 PM

I assumed the gap after each flag reason was a gap between flags. Instead, it’s a gap between the reason and the resolution. The problem is that the next flag is immediately below the resolution of the previous flag, so it looks like the resolution is above the flag. This is rather annoying if you’re trying to skim. I suppose now that I know the resolution is below (and after the gap) it won’t be a problem, but it would be nice to remove the gap, or even better: move it to after the resolution instead of before. I doubt this feature is even used all that much, but I think it would be easier if this was changed.

This should be an easy fix. It just requires a tiny reformat.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Also the fact that Details and Comments go to the same place (I think) seems redundant but that’s me being a huge stickler.

Can you please specify the URL here?

Yeah sorry. I suppose it’s more accurately the Taxa Curation page, most of the way down before the Ungrafted Taxa.
https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/curation

2 Likes

Thanks!

Is there an advantage to using this page over inaturalist.org/flags ? If not, we recommend just using that page.

I used to use that but the Curate Taxa page seemed a little nicer. I think it helps to have the different colors for the different groups. I’ll also regularly scan the Ungrafted Taxa at the bottom to see if I recognize any genera (side note: it would be nice to be able to see them all without trying to scan this, as discussed here). I found a nice pocket of ungrafted land snails the other day that were easily sorted.

As for the recently resolved flags also on that page, I don’t actually think it’s that useful of a feature. I don’t think it’s really superfluous, but it would be more helpful if the spacing got tweaked. Not really worth it if it’s hard to adjust though.

The Curate Taxa page also has a nifty New Taxon button but I just noticed that so I have yet to use it.

Fixed!

1 Like

Amazing, thanks!