Changes to taxon photos missing from history

Platform: website

Browser: Chrome 109.0.5414.119

URLs: https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/62811/history

Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Description of problem: In this comment, @erikamitchell mentioned having removed a taxon photo—“TaxonPhoto 1825158”, apparently—from the page for Carica papaya, only to have it quickly reappear. I removed it again. @dianastuder mentioned checking the history for the taxon, leading me to notice that there are two records of “TaxonPhoto 1825158” being removed, by me and @leaf0605, but no record of it being added in between. And no record of @erikamitchell having removed it. Apparently the history is missing at least one “removed TaxonPhoto 1825158” record and at least two “added TaxonPhoto 1825158” records. All of these would have been in the past month, so are not explained by history going back to only February 2022.

1 Like

Taxon photo changes only started being recorded on February 15th, 2023. Erika’s comment is older than that, so that deletion wouldn’t have been recorded. I suppose we should amend the “History was introduced in February 2022, so no history is available prior to that date.” text to reflect that.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t known that!

And I just realized I was misreading one of the updates in the history… @leaf0605 didn’t remove the taxon photo…