Common Names for observing specific groups (e.g birding / birdwatching for birds)

I only know a few of the pithy words that u are trying to figure it out

1. Birder
  2. Ornithology (as u specified)
  3. Nature lover
  4. Hillwalker
  5. Birdwatchers

Hope this helped u !
Have a nice day :)

I always thought grousing meant complaining, not looking at/for grouse.

2 Likes

When I go snorkeling without fins in shallow intertidal waters I call it swalkeling because I am wearing mask and snorkel and usually wetsuit (especially booties to avoid cuts and bruises and penetrative wounds from urchins etc) but it is pointless wearing fins, all they do is slow you down and you have to take them off repeatedly to walk from one rock pool to another or risk injury from imbalance, tripping etc.
But the term is so vague that it hardly qualifies in this forum, because it is a means of locomotion and doesn’t specify what I’m looking for, at,etc .I’m always looking to photograph marine life:algae seagrass fish shells and everything else when I swalkel, but that’s not inherent in the term swalkeling.
Questions in need of answers:am I batty if I am a batter, is a batter batting for the home team a batter person than me or just fatter, or are they just focused on the bats in their home belfry?
A chap could go crazy with all this stuff, but he may simply be interested in crayfish :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

:rofl:

am having a right good laugh right now :-) definitely made my day - i will be batting for you when you go swalkeling

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.