Community taxon didn't change when I added an ID

Just found an observation of a Black-throated Thrush with RG as Fieldfare, but when I added an id I was told it is an independant indentification and the status of observation didn’t change.

I thought it doesn’t work like that as my identification was the last one.
I marked it as “can be improved” so it should get someone to id it, but before that nothing changed.

There is a pop-up explanation of how the community taxon is calculated on the right side of that page. Since >2/3 of the identifiers agree on a species ID (Turdus pilaris), that’s the community taxon. It needs one more ID of Turdus atrogularis in order for the observation taxon or community taxon to change.


This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.