Corvallis OR doesn't show up as an option for Identify

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): No app

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Firefox

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

When I use “Your Observations” I can select “Corvallis OR USA” for the location. However, when I use “Identify” that option doesn’t come up in the list (though two locations within Corvallis do come up.

Id tab uses iNat places, not Google places.

1 Like

Good to know why it’s happening. Still, this is something that could usefully be fixed, especially as I use Identify like “Your Observations” to see and easily move among my observations.

1 Like

Add that place to iNat.) If you use it for ids, it’ll be useful for observations too.

1 Like

Hi @sedgequeen, this is not a bug, so I changed the category to a General topic. iNaturalist places (which Identify uses by design, as Marina noted) are maintained by the iNat community. If you can find a shapefile, KML file, or KMZ file for the boundaries of Corvallis, or point to where one can be downloaded online, this can easily be added to the community curated places in iNaturalist. Feel free to send me a private message if you would like assistance with getting that done (we’ll need to share emails).

4 Likes

Completely off topic, but I know someone else from Corvallis!

1 Like

Given the holidays and some work I have to do that may take a little while, but I’ll see if I can find one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.