Curators ability to review copyright flagged photos appear broken in some cases

For example on this flag : https://www.inaturalist.org/photos/1265567

Happens on multiple flags put on content from this user, but others seem to work fine.

Clicking the ‘you can view the original at’ link is generating the error as follows (text does not post well, so picture attached)

I don’t know if it’s related, but I just noticed that some flags that have previously been cleared for copyright infringement by curators and had the picture restored are now not showing the pics

Nope, now that I read it, this is a separate issue.

Btw (since this is still open), I have a workaround for you.
I am not a curator, but this URL format works for viewing the original photo that has been flagged for copyright (remove spaces, substitute relevant info for the brackets):

https: //static. inaturalist.​ org/photos/ [photo #] / [size] .jpeg?1596810206

For size, you can use (sans quotes) “small”, “medium”, “large” or “original”.

This was a bug related to the move to Amazon Open Data. We released a fix so newly-flagged photos should be viewable now. Still need to go back and fix ones that were affected by the bug, like the one in the original post.

1 Like

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Click through to flagged image page

Step 2: Click through the “Curators: You can view the original at” link

Step 3: Receive below error page

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can’t connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (custom)

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen this pretty regularly but I haven’t ever bothered to try to decipher a pattern.

I’ll let our devs know.

2 Likes

i’m not a curator. so i don’t see what you all see. but this sounds like a case where you’re being directed to a photo as if it’s not part of the AWS open data set when it is actually part of the AWS open data set. seems like if this is the case, the link would just need to point to the right bucket, or else move copyright infringement photos over to the non open data bucket.

(merged to existing report)

The issue continues: I tried to resolve an accidental copyright flag by another user and when I do so I get the message “Flag resolved, but the photo in question is gone and cannot be restored”.

Yes, we’re working on a fix, and it’s related to the the Amazon Open Data implementation.

These should be fixed now.