Default order in Edit Observations

I noticed yesterday that when I go to my Edit Observations page it no longer sorts by date added with most recent first as the default. It started sorting by date observed by default and I have to keep changing it. Is this a site wide change? If so, why was it changed?

Hello,
Doesn’t looks like a site wide change because it still works as expected on my side (keeps the last sorting used on any device where I’m connected).
Is this happening when going to this page from the homepage or from history ? The default address is parameterless but once you change the sorting, parameters defining sorting are added to the address so if you get there from history your browser may serve you an entry with parameters from a previous navigation where you changed the sorting (depending on the browser and its settings you may need to click on the address bar to see the full address).

2 Likes

It happened after I uploaded some obs. It goes to Edit Observations after the upload is done. I thought my upload had gone wrong because they weren’t there at the top of the page. Then I got a comment on one of my observations I had just added and went to it from the link in the notifications drop down. After that I went back to Edit Observations using the link in the drop down menu on the right top side of the page. I’ve been back to the page several times using both the link from that drop down and the one that is in the list across “Home, Profile, Observations, Edit Observations, etc.” It still defaults to order by date observed.

After changing sort order:

I just tried an upload and didn’t reproduce either, maybe a bug with a limited number of accounts including yours :-/
Until things are sorted out you might bookmark the address you get once you fixed the sorting, it will allow you to restore sorting settings in one click :-)

2 Likes

I would expect the Edit Observations page to sort by Date Recorded after you add observations because I, at least, want to see the things I just added at the top.

1 Like

this has just started happening to me too; the order has always been by upload date + time, now it’s observation date + time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.