'Delete Observation' instructions need updating

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android on Pixel 7 Pro

App version number: Android 13

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

**URLs: Any Observation Entry page

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/): Attached

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):
I don’t know where to place this information
as to how to delete an observation on android. The only instructions I could find on this Inaturalist forum did not seem to apply to what I was seeing on my mobile screen. It also seemed to be missing some steps in the instructions. Perhaps you can put this somewhere where other people can benefit from it - not everyone has an IPhone. I am a professional web designer with decades of experience and even I couldn’t figure it out till I tried it my own way:

The instructions to delete an entry that I find when I searched the Inaturalist forum merely indicate that I’m supposed to “scroll all the way down to the bottom of my phone screen, and click on a blue arrow.” There is no such blue arrow, perhaps that is just an iPhone thing. What I did find out for Android is this:

1. Click on the observation you would like to delete.
  2. Click on the pencil at top of the Observation Edit screen that appears.
  3. THEN you can scroll to the very bottom of the Edit screen and there you find a small trashcan icon at lower left. And tap it to delete the entry.
    Thank you.

Can you please share the URL of where you saw these instructions?

2 Likes