While reviewing IDs I’ve made to reconcile the download data with the website results I found something odd happening with two dozen IDs. All were related to the Painted Lady butterfly and on each of these there was both a withdrawn ID of Painted Lady made by me along with another Painted Lady ID made by me. This wasn’t something I did on my own. I never withdrew these so I deleted the withdrawn ID leaving the suggested ID in place.
Now, when downloading the observations and searching on the web with the following URL the numbers tie out but the 23 observations below don’t appear in the search or in the download using this URL:
Has this behavior been seen before? When I add up the observations displayed on 15 pages it comes to a number without the 23 observations below: 14 pages times 96 observations + 21 on page 15 = 1,365.
PLEASE NOTE THE DUPLICATE OBSERVATIONS FOR #1 & #2. I didn’t find a duplicate for observation #3 & #4 so I stopped searching for these.
These observations previously had the same ID: one withdrawn ID and the same as a suggested ID. Now, after deleting the withdrawn ID these no longer appear in the URL above or in the download I just produced. The web search and download numbers do match:
— duplicate https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/8519814
— duplicate https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/8519840
- https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/8520162 (no duplicate found)
- https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/8520405 (no duplicate found)
Thanks for any insights on this. I’m sure I can delete the suggested ID and add back the ID again but this is curious and would be great if it could be resolved.