Did anyone else not know that iNat had a STORE?!

I just found out via a photo on my profile page and I’m now hooked. Looking over all the different options I don’t know what to get, but I’d like to get a sticker and a hat. Perhaps I’ll put it on my research computer? Or my field pack?

Some of the jackets also look really nice.

Was I the only one who didn’t know this? If you did in fact already know this and have purchases some items, what were they and how have you used them? If you haven’t yet bought anything, what are some ideas you have?

5 Likes

I agree that until recently with the addition of picture and link to the iNaturalist store, it was not the most prominently highlighted. I found it because I searched for it, having seen iNaturalist t-shirts and merch and figuring there must be a way to get it. On the page I doubled checked that, yes, this was indeed an official store, and not someone trying make money off the name.

I got myself a t-shirt during the most recent black Friday sale and have happily worn it on multiple occasions. Its comfortable and seems to be of good quality make.

Although, I have had 1 person mis-read the t-shirt as “iNaturist” :grimacing: I don’t really know if they were joking.

5 Likes

I have had 1 person mis-read the t-shirt as “iNaturist” :grimacing:

I for one also read it quite differently, but with the same root of: “iNat your…” or “I iNat your…”, but of course, never forget to iNat your wrist. :joy:

2 Likes

I have an iNaturalist sticker on my rolling suitcase. It makes it easy to pick out on the luggage carousel, and it’s led to a couple of very interesting conversations.

3 Likes

there are lots of different ideas in a previous thread about merch: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/i-would-like-an-inat-hat/1186.

since i’m not a huge fan of a lot of text on shirts, i wanted a shirt design that had just a bird logo without the text, but i’m still waiting for it 2+ years later.

3 Likes

Spring Sale, last day today. Tshirts are $13
https://inaturalist.threadless.com

"Uh oh. You only have hours left to visit iNaturalist Store and stock up on $13 Tees.* Everything else in their shop is up to 40% off.
The Spring Sale ends TODAY. "

3 Likes

Some of us are that, too.

2 Likes

Ooooh my… made it with about 30 seconds to spare! Thanks for the alert!!

1 Like

On my wish list is a shirt with the bird logo on the front and text on the back that says “It’s okay–I’m just taking photos for iNaturalist.” It would save me so much explaining!

5 Likes

Um… were you wearing anything else?

3 Likes

I’d love a coat or jacket but would like if it said something on the front, rather than just the back.

I currently have a green sweatshirt, black sweatshirt, 2 black t-shirts and just ordered maroon and chocolate t-shirts with the spring sale.

Wearing something with the name definitely makes me feel less creepy when I’m walking around with binoculars taking pictures of things or even just using my phone. I’ve gotten a few compliments on the sweatshirts but only one person ever saw it and recognized what it meant. It’s cool people like the design, though, and compliment it just for that alone.

2 Likes

I finally bought a long-sleeved SPF 50 shirt today! It will be fun to wear for our local BioBlitz in June, and also when I travel. Maybe meet other iNatters?

You’re welcome!

I was, thankfully :sweat_smile:

I was happy to get the sale notice, too!
Two t-shirts, happy birthday to me….

Now I need a short thing to say if and when someone asks about iNat! I forgot that that part😱

1 Like

T-shirts. I especially like them for when there are big projects - Maybe a fellow iNatter will see it. Also good if someone is questioning what you’re doing. (“I’m am working on a project.”)
I’d love it if they came up with a “Citizen Scientist” shirt or hat or something.

2 Likes

Not an inat shirt however this one is nice. Simple, not ostentatious.
https://woollyblues.com/products/citizen-scientist-desert-sand-unisex-t-shirt

(Not connected with this company in any way and haven’t transacted with them yet.)

1 Like

I didn’t know about the store! It is ridiculously difficult to find. When I searched for it, I found your post but no other way to get to the store was obvious! Maybe it is that way by design for those of us who live in not-the-USA? :grin:

there’s a link to the store in the footer on every page on inaturalist.org

1 Like

I just logged into the U.S. website and could see the store as you said. However, it turns out that the Australian website doesn’t carry the link. Which explains why I found it almost impossible to find!

3 Likes