I have had this issue for a while - if I am using the Identify page select a new species, the records displayed change to all records rather then those specified by the filter. To get around it, I have to add or remove another filter (e.g. add a geographic filter or remove a temporal one). I use Google Chrome.
If I go to Identify and search for all records of Least Flycatcher, it works fine. But, if I switch the species to Purple Finch, I get what looks to be all recent Needs ID observations for every taxa. In order to filter to Purple Finch, I would then do something like change the location to “North America” (which encompasses their entire range) and then it will properly display the records I want.
Not a huge deal, but it happens every time I change species in the Identify window which is a bit of a hassle.