Filtering in the id tool does not filter the downloaded csv-data

Dear all,

last days, I sexed hundreds of observations and I would like to try some analysis with this data. Therefore, I need a list with species, date, latitude, longitude and sex.
The problem is, that so far, the rinat package does not show annotations. And this data is also not downloaded when downloading project data for example.

There is a suggestion by @pisum for an alternative workflow here (https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/data-users-what-are-your-use-cases-and-requests-for-exporting-data/2972/44)
So, using the ID-Tool, you can filter for annotations and then you could download the csv-spreadsheet in the lower right corner. However, also filtering works for the shown data, this does not affect the data, which is downloaded (it’s always the same, whole data set). Maybe this is a bug? I think so.
It would be very helpful, if this could be fixed or even better, if annotations are included in the rinat-data ;-)

Thanks in advance!
Ralph

there’s not really a bug described here, as far as i can tell. maybe this thread should be reclassified in the General category.

when you go to the export page, the parameters don’t always get carried over properly from the Explore and Identify pages. in these cases, you can manually edit the parameters in the gray box in section 1 of the export page. for example, in this case, i’ve added &term_id=1&term_value_id=2 to the parameter list:

then when you look at the preview in Section 2 of the page, you’ll be able to see whether the filters were applied correctly.

last time i checked, rinat is old and built off of the old deprecated API. i would not use it. if you must stick with R, i would probably hit the iNat API directly or else use a different package. more discussion here:

Thanks, @pisum for your response. Where can I read which keywords I can enter to sort by gender? Or is this possible with term_value_id=1 or 2? (male and female) Thanks in advance!

you can read about this here: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-to-use-inaturalists-search-urls-wiki-part-2/18792#heading--annotations.

that said, the Identify screen will set the appropriate URL parameters based on your filter selections on that screen, and it passes these to the URL of the export screen. it just doesn’t pass it down to that gray box in section 1 of the export screen. so you can just copy from the URL and paste to the gray box.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

(moved to #general )

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.