Finding identifiers for bird calls

I do a lot of identifying of audio observations of birds when I have time; feel free to tag me in any observations you have that aren’t getting confirmed/identified.

1 Like

Thank you, Ryan. Will do.

I’ve been experimenting with the Audacity app (free) and extracting audio from my cell phone videos. I’ve been very pleased with how quickly I can clean up a file after only a few days using the program.
I have also added a number of species to my Yard Survey project that I’ve only heard. Cool.

1 Like

now WV, but a few decades in NY.

1 Like

Gotcha. Just wondering because I was surprised that there wouldn’t be some active users around NYC. Don’t know if I can give any advice on how to get more identifiers looking at audio from your state. I will, however, make an appeal to regular audio identifiers to consider occasionally cleaning up audio IDs for nearby states. I should probably do this more often, but when I’ve gone through neighboring states (AR, KS, MO), I’ve found a large number of readily identifiable recordings that had been sitting unidentifiable for a long period of time. Given the biogeography of birds in the region, I think many proficient audio identifiers from Appalachian/East Coast states could have high success in going through audio from West Virginia and other under-identified states

Thank you, I agree and appreciate any help inviting identifiers to help.

If there is audio, then the organism itself is present. As opposed to scat or track, where the organism who left it there may be long gone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.