Frustration with Explore

When exploring observations in order to add identifications, I would like to work down the list of selected items in order. I therefore find it very frustrating that, after adding an identification and clicking the return arrow, iNat seems to go back to the selected list
at totally random place and I have to scroll through the observations again to get back to the last one I had done and the next one to do. This is an absolute bind and really puts me off providing identifications

It sounds like you’re not using the identify interface, https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/identify . Are you not using it on purpose?

2 Likes

It’s even available straight from the Explore interface:

1 Like

Ah! No I was not avoiding it on purpose - I think you may well have solved my problem. I will try identifying via that route and see how it goes. Many thanks.

12 Likes

You can open observation in a new tab

2 Likes

It should solve all your problems. Once you make it to the end of a page, you can click “mark as reviewed” which means that those observations won’t show up for you to ID again.

2 Likes

You can also tweak the URL. I use
per_page=8
since that fits my screen.
Pick out the obvious, the interesting oh Nautilus, then plod thru the residue.
Default is 30 ? Much scrolling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.