Help choose book cover for "Pacific Northwest Edible Plant Foraging"

Which book cover is your favorite??

5 Likes

Vote here:

0 voters

1 Like

oooh, aah all are beautiful, how could I chose?,

5 Likes

I generally like 5, however the “Pacific Northwest” part should be in a more similar font to the rest of the title.

5 Likes

5 is beautiful, but the title and additional information are clearer in 2, while the illustration is also striking.

2 Likes

This cool! Didn’t know we can create a vote! Thank you :relaxed:

1 Like

The best text and old-vibe art is on 2, 5 has cool art and text, but Pacific Northwest isn’t readable for many people. First one looks too much like a school textbook, so unless it’s the point, this one should be low priority to choose.

2 Likes

#2 reminds me a bit of the Jan Brett illustrated Christmas books I used to read as a kid. They were gorgeous books.

2 Likes

the former marketing person in me says that what people like and what they will pay more money for aren’t necessarily the same thing.

i think 5 probably has a broad appeal for folks who would be foragers and plant lovers, but i’m guessing folks looking at 1 or 5 would probably expect to pay a relatively low price for the book.

on the other hand, i’m guessing folks looking at 2 would probably be willing to pay more for it, but they probably would not like it as much as some of the other designs. 3 and 4 probably fall somewhere in the middle.

11 Likes

2 is the most appealing, 5 has the best artwork (clarification: 5 looks like a coloring book). 1 looks boring but informative. 4 is just medium - not too good, not too bad. And 3 is my least favorite, I think because of the lack of color.

2 Likes

I would have picked 5 but the “Pacific Northwest” bit borders on illegible.

1 Like

I went with #1. Looks like a more serious academic undertaking. The internet is full of forage recommendations, some of which seem to rely on unconfirmed reports that “Native Americans used this for /whatever/”. And some of those things will wreck your kidneys or other important organs if eaten on the regular. If I’m going to eat something recommended in a book, I’m going to pick up and look through the book that looks well researched. And if you want to appeal to people who are curious about but not comfortable with foraging, a cover that conveys that rigor might be better received. But it looks like you have lots of support for other covers, too!

5 Likes

I like #2, but with the font used in #1.

1 Like

Thank you everyone who voted and commented with your suggestions! I appreciate each of you!

It seems like the majority of the people voted for number 2! I think it is between 2 and 5!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:!!! I also agree we need to make the title and subtitle bigger on cover number 2!

1 Like

Majority voted on 2.

1 Like

As @fffffffff said, the clear majority was for 2. 30 out of 50 votes to be exact.

2 Likes

Just my two cents about the font: #2 has a nice title font, but I would encourage you to see how a sans serif would look for the subheading (“beginner foraging field guide…”) as it would be a bit more readable as well.

4 Likes

That’s right! I read it wrong :laughing:

That’s right! I read it wrong :laughing: Most people like 2

Exactly it needs to be bigger!!