Hot weather + Invasive Species!

Hi everyone! In Massachusetts, we’re experiencing a harsh drought due to the hot weather. While the grass around my house has mostly turned brown, there are a couple of plants still growing (which are mostly invasive). How are invasive/introduced species able to withstand the heat? What would the effects of a long-standing drought have on a protected sanctuary? Thanks!

if this is for a school assignment, it’s really not appropriate to ask for answers in this forum.

i would suggest visiting a protected sanctuary in your area to see the effects that long-standing drought has on it.

just for reference, the original poster has started these 3 other threads in the past couple of weeks:

these all look like variations on a theme.

1 Like

@paulawdeh, I had wondered the same thing. Recently I read a review of research on glossy privet (Ligustrum lucidum) as an invasive species. It might be a great source for you to study more about the dynamics of one invasive species in wet seasons and dry (corresponding to our normal years and droughts).

I looked for the source of that review before I wrote this reply, but I couldn’t find it right away. I will edit this comment to add it when I find it again. If you search the Web for “global review of research on invasive Ligustrum lucidum,” you might find it before I do.

1 Like

Unlisting homework question

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.