How do you filter records based on Observation fields - for instance host plant?

How do you filter records based on Observation fields - for instance host plant?

Click on observation field and choose observations with this particular option.

2 Likes

see:

2 Likes

Thanks, But this only gives the records of the specific taxa that is in the observation field and not all those related species.

if you’re trying to filter by a higher-level taxon in the observation field and wanting to get it and all its child taxa, that may not be possible to do in one query currently. you could write a feature request and describe your particular use case for this.

2 Likes

Could you please describe your case of use because I’m not fully sure which related species you want to see, is it for field or related to observation taxon?

For instance
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/136141384
This is one of my observations of honey bee pollinating Avocado flowers. I have to observation fields

1. Pollinating
  2. Associated host plant as Avocado.
    My question is, if it is possible to now group all observations in a regions with observation field of Avocado? If yes how can this be done?

If you tap on the name of the observation field, you can select to view “observations with this field and value”. From there you can refine your region of interest or any other filters.

Thanks a lot this is very helpful. Is it possible to create a project of all the records filtered based on a observation fields.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.