How to change the order of photos?

I would like to change the top photo of an observation with four photos, but can’t figure out how to do it. (I did search through the Help pages, but no luck - maybe I just missed it)

It’s definitely a bit hidden. When you edit the observation, check the right side for a link to re-order the photos:

2 Likes

Got it - thank you!

1 Like

If you have an android app you can choose the first photo. As far as I know you cannot reorder all photos.

1 Like

This query comes up regularly, should be in a FAQ list.

6 Likes

I had the same problem initially, for months I believed it they could only be reordered on the app. And after being away from the computer version for awhile, I forgot where it was again. I think the location could be changed, to just slightly higher [see graphic], above the text and links to Flickr, etc. If this should be a feature request, let me know, I wasn’t sure that it qualified as such. It is a small change that would make it more intuitive to change photo order on the website. [The more recent thread about this topic was already locked.]

4 Likes

if you repeat the first photo selection enough times, you can effectively reorder all the photos. for example, if you have photos A, B, and C ordered as 1, 2, and 3, then you can effectively reverse the order by selecting B as 1st and then C as 1st.

2 Likes

Any chance we can revive this request? Moving the link to reorder the photos up higher so it’s actually in the photo section and not buried below the links to Flickr / Google / Facebook would be much more intuitive. I knew the option existed, but I just tried and failed searching for it three times until I finally googled the question to get a screenshot because I couldn’t find it.

3 Likes

If you have a feature you’d like to request, feel free to start a topic for it. :+1:

2 Likes

Similarly, if you have the iOS app, you can click the “:heavy_check_mark:” box to change the Default (first) photo.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.