How to change username on iNatForum?

@charlie - I changed my username on iNaturalist a few days ago, but it hasn’t changed on the iNaturalist Forum (nor does there appear to be a way to change it). Is there any way to sync them?

0 Likes

How are iNaturalist Forum and iNaturalist accounts linked?

I’m not sure! I’d try logging off then logging back in with that account.

0 Likes

Interestingly, logging out and back in again reset my user icon to the icon I’m using on iNaturalist, but it didn’t update my username. Is there any way to file a bug about the Forum?

0 Likes

Another option is maybe my Forum account could just be deleted and I could recreate it.

0 Likes

I hope you wait a little while and see if staff can fix the disconnect first. Otherwise your informative posts here would likely be lost!

0 Likes

@charlie - Any other ideas? If not, is it possible to file a bug? or just get the account deleted?

0 Likes

@tiwane are you in the desert yet? Do you know the answer to this question? (how to reset name of account to match iNat name?) my approach would be just to keep your different name and link in your profile @zygy … but that’s up to you. I have no idea how account deletion works on here.

0 Likes

Moderators/staff can change your username for you, but you should also be able to do this manually in your preferences:

Unlike on iNaturalist, your old mentions will change over to your new username (in this case, from @kaldari to @zygy.

0 Likes

Thanks @bouteloua! In my settings there is no pencil icon next to the username (even if I hover over it). Everything else on that page has a pencil icon next to it. Seems like a bug.

1 Like