How will you observe the 100 million verifiable observation milestone?

The explore page doesn’t always update immediately

1 Like

Thanks, @fffffffff for trying to keep an eye on it, I have to say it is a lot of observations and a huge milestone, but now it is over 12,000 observations over 100m so I don’t know if it is possible to find the observation.

2 Likes

I’m sure a donation to iNat would be welcomed! That’s a lot of server space. I’m actually a monthly donor but my donor box account and my iNat account have different emails so the little donor badge doesn’t show up on my iNat page.

I am of the opinion that supporting iNat helps elevate science, builds international co-operation and understanding, and facilitates healthier people and healthier societies. As the issues around equitable access to the internet are resolved, the world will be online even more than it is now. Having places like iNat where connectedness can be used for good and not evil is critical.

Donate button to, you know, make it easy.

7 Likes

That’s a wonderful observation, but I’m curious: how can it be the 100,000,000th observation if it was submitted in November of 2021?

Edited to add: I bet it has to do with verifiable vs. all observations. So how do we find the 100,000,000th verifiable observation?

2 Likes

Thank you; excellent idea.

Donate button to, you know, make it easy.”

1 Like

Catching up. Our internet failed yesterday. No iNat for me. Devastating :eyes: :sob:

3 Likes

I believe the observation numbering system (used in URLs) includes not only unverifiable observations, but also those which were deleted after posting. So that Bidens is the 100,000,000th observation ever created, but not all the previous ones still exist.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.