I would like an iNat hat

I’ve never liked them much.

I prefer a hand-held field microscope along the lines of one of these. When I need to take a photo I just align my smartphone camera over the eyepiece. Works well and the resolution is that of whatever smartphone you’re using.

Nice thing with that is that you can use the microscope independently that way as well.

2 Likes

I don’t think non-forum moderators can close their own topics (?), so just let me know!

1 Like

I messaged separately with @pisum and we can leave this open. Many thanks for starting the conversation and the poll!

In case anyone is interested, we’ve had over 400 shirt orders and I estimate that there are about 800 iNaturalist shirts out in the world now.

Unsurprisingly, the order time for shirts has dramatically increased due to many shirt printers closing temporarily due to covid-19. Orders destined anywhere other than the US may also experience significant shipping delays (and we’ve had a handful of issues even pre-covid-19, particularly with shirts going to Panama, Ecuador, and South Africa). We will likely add an option for ordering shirts printed in Europe later this month, so I recommend any Europeans hold off on ordering for now.

7 Likes

haven’t ordered a shirt yet as I have far too many, but would love a hat. Since that isn’t yet in the works, my pandemic craft was this patch:

Hope @inat_staff doesn’t mind :)

28 Likes

I love it!

3 Likes

this is awesome! nice job!
and also wow, a white field hat. bold choice. mine would be beige in about a day. :relaxed:

13 Likes

We opted not to make this a public-facing option because it would introduce too many confusing options, but behind the scenes I’m rerouting some orders to printers in Canada, Czechia, UK, and Germany where they can generally be printed and shipped much more quickly.

I apologize to anyone outside the US who has been waiting a long time for an order printed here as there are all kinds of production and shipping delays.

3 Likes

A inat mug would be cool as I stated here.

4 Likes

A patch to put on backpacks, hats, etc. would be nice.

4 Likes

I would love to have an iNat bandana! One-size fits all :grinning: Bandanas are so useful outdoors; there are dozens of uses… to name a few:

• They can protect head and neck from sunburn.
  • They can serve as a headband or sweat band to keep salt out of your eyes.
  • You can dip them in water to wear as a cooling neck scarf.
  • You can dampen them for a quick wash
  • They are useful when it’s dusty to protect your face…
  • Now days, they can serve as a disease-fighting face mask.
  • They can be a temporary field dressing
  • People who use bandanas to blow their nose create less trash and are less likely to (inadvertently) litter the trail with used tissue.
  • They make nice little gifts

@pisum @cmcheatle Honestly, bandanas would be perfect iNat swag. It’s something that is outdoorsy, nicely visible, inexpensive to produce, not bulky to store or ship.

(Besides, I don’t look good in ball caps or tee shirts and I have too many mugs to store already)

13 Likes

Can we also have T-shirts in pale blue and safety orange? Black gets too hot in some climates and white is hard for someone in the field all the time to keep clean. Blue and orange are ‘friendly’ looking colors to the public, are good for visibility, and contrast well with the iNat logo.

6 Likes

and blue has the added advantage of attracting bugs!

3 Likes

I like to wear colours that camouflage with my surroundings, so a dark green, or brown :)

3 Likes

You know you’re seriously into iNat when you stitch the logo onto a hat. :-)

7 Likes

I want pics

I understand wanting to start simple, the current shirts look great. Will order some. Wife doesn’t like white (often too thin) and neither of us much care for black, so some color options would be great. With the heat and humidity in Houston, some tech fabric would be nice. Cotton holds up better to snags when in the field? Women happy with the thickness of the white tshirt?

2 Likes

No one has ever said the women’s shirts run big, but many people complain they run small. I am usually a small (or med in brands that run small) and wear a snug medium in these. They are lightweight so the white shows colors underneath. Measure carefully and keep the industry tolerance of +/- 1 inch in mind.

Will there be options for thicker white shirts which wouldn’t show colour underneath?

1 Like

Does blue attract insects?

yeah, yellow very much does, blue quite a bit too… I wear blue out in the field and find I have flying things land on me more often…

2 Likes