I would like an iNat hat

yeah, yellow very much does, blue quite a bit too… I wear blue out in the field and find I have flying things land on me more often…

2 Likes

oh cool

if a ruler / grid – maybe even a protractor – could be integrated into the design, then i could definitely see myself carrying one around all the time when observing, even though i don’t use bandanas otherwise. i’m trying to envision what something like that might look like…

UPDATE: assuming standard bandana size is 56cm x 56cm, then here’s a very simple design incorporating a 1cm x 1cm grid. i’ve added red-bordered squares in the bottom-right corner to help visualize what it might look like if folded:

or:

10 Likes

:smiley:Is that not a ~very, very~ cool idea?!?

1 Like

and if it’s white on one side and patterned on the other, then it can double as a beating sheet (put under plants, shake and see what falls out onto the white side of the bandana!)

3 Likes

The women’s shirts run very small!

I ordered a women’s large and it fits me quite snugly. I’m 5’2" (155 cm) and my bust is 36" (92 cm).

1 Like

I love the bandana idea! I would also suggest car magnets vs car stickers. Makes it easier to move on and off or to a different car.

2 Likes

Alright folks, now we’ve finally got baseball caps! Phone cases! And new shirts (women’s and unisex cuts)!

We’ll have a broader announcement on the site soon, but I wanted to let you all know so you can take a look. We still have a few titles and descriptions to refine and some product photos to add, but please let me know if you encounter any issues.

4 Likes

Hey, that’s good on the hats and shirts for people that use those! I am aware a lot of folks wanted the hat and a bigger selection of shirts.

phone cases? That’s a surprise; OTOH, the cases seem quite inexpensive (although they do not handle a the iPhone 12 line).

More good things to come, in time, I’m sure.

Yes! A Hoodie or wind/rain jacket would be a fine ideaI

3 Likes

@carrieseltzer Is anything known about the sizing of the new shirts compared to the original black ones?

Edited to add: I’m dieting like crazy so I can fit into that black one next spring :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum :D

1 Like

The sizing for all the unisex shirts should be the same as before, and the sizing for all women’s cut shirts should also be the same as before. We’ve just added some new colors and design options. That said, it’s always possible with clothes that different colors of the same size may be cut differently, which is why there’s an industry standard tolerance of +/- 1 inch.

2 Likes

I could definitely get behind a hi-vis shirt (yellow or orange). Good for visibility in the woods or if you’re leading a group.

A lot of non-iNat users seem to think that the logo is some weird version of the Twitter logo :(

5 Likes

How about a scarf for winter activities (to go with the beanie)?

1 Like

i actually think it would be fun if iNat sponsored a winter knitting contest. make your best knitted fan merch (ex. scarf, sweater, mittens, hat, etc.). first place gets their choice of one item of official merch?

2 Likes

Are there going to be laptop stickers? Seems like easy merch compared to shirts and hats. My computer is screaming for iNat stickers.

6 Likes

The Heather Green shirt is not the colour you see in the store. Much more vibrant green (the photo does not show it well, it’s like apple green). Still love it though :)

3 Likes

oh lol I actually ordered Heather Green. will edit. same issue though