ID is red in Community Taxon section but is not a disagreement

Hey everyone, I’ve noticed on a few observations recently that withdrawn IDs still count against community taxon consensus.

For example, on this luna moth I suggested the wrong silkworm group, noticed and corrected immediately, but the community taxon is still showing a disagreement.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/55498872

For this observation of course it doesn’t matter, but for one with less IDs it might.

Or has this always been a thing and I just never noticed?

2 Likes

There’s an open bug report on Github for this here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/2656

Thankfully it’s not actually counting “against” the community taxon though (otherwise it would need one more ID to flip to Actias luna - >2/3 agreement).

3 Likes

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings):

Browser, if a website issue Firefox

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/57024629

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices:

):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Why is there still a red mark if there are no more contradictions between IDs?

Step 2:

Step 3:

Потому что disagreement работает против, хотя по логике и не противоречит более точным определениям, есть несколько топиков по этой теме, мне сейчас с телефона сложно найти.

1 Like

This is a known bug, I’ve moved your post to the relevant topic.

Discussion also here: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/community-id-display-confusing-neutral-ids-display-as-disagreement/12744

1 Like

Platform (Website):
Browser, i( Chrome) :
URLs (https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/93700485)

Description of problem
ID to Paranomus x 1 and Paranomus esterhuyseniae X 2, but community ID box reports two green and one red (disagreeing) ID.
About reports correctly:

About community taxa

The community taxon (or community identification) represents …

|Subtribe Leucadendrinae Cape Nutseed Proteoids|0|3|0|0|3 / (3+0+0=3) = 1|
|Genus Paranomus Sceptres|1|3|0|0|3 / (3+0+0=3) = 1|
|Paranomus esterhuyseniae Kouga Sceptre|2|2|0|0|2 / (2+0+0=2) = 1|

So just the index bar is the issue.

(moved to existing report)

On this observation https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/94660886
The community ID is correct, and the algorithm calculates correctly. However, the graph is incorrect as it shows a red bar for my ID of Family Gekkonidae. This was a disagreement with the original ID of Brown Anole (not in Gekkonidae) but does not conflict with the current Community ID (Hemidactylus garnotti), which is a gekko.

This seems to be related to some other reported issues with the Community ID graph displaying incorrectly.

I merged this one to the existing bug report. Looks like the issue on github is still open.

2 Likes