Identify page goes blank

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

This behavior happens very frequently. I’m simply using identify, and then for seemingly no reason the page suddenly goes blank as follows:

In the latest instance, the page was already fully loaded and I was just visually looking over the tiles and then all of the sudden it’s blank.

I have to push the refresh button on the browser to get the observations back. I’ve seen this happen countless times, maybe 40-60 times over the last month.

1 Like

Happens to me as well, started noticing it within the last week or so. Doesn’t go together well with my “push mark-all-reviewed first” workflow.

1 Like

I see it as well, I think it is just a further offshoot of the scaling issues the site is experiencing.

2 Likes

This happens to me all the time. I just hit F5 and wait.

If it happens again, can please open your browser’s console and post a screenshot that includes the console? It might have error information that could be useful.

This page has instructions for how to view the console for the most common browsers: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/232313848-How-to-open-the-developer-console

1 Like

Thanks. I had a similar thing happen to me today but with different console errors. Added to my weekly report.

1 Like

just in case this is useful at all,

1 Like

additional errors:

2 Likes

I see this too with some regularity. I finally remembered to grab a console dump.

https://gist.github.com/jeffdc/bb8db07b01dcfbc8269b4c6d32df5304

2 Likes

We added some safeguards to try and prevent this from happening. Is it still happening for anyone?

1 Like

This just started happening to me today. I have never seen it before but now it is happening about 80% of the time.

I am going through individual observations rather than using the Identify page, and is triggered by me adding an identification. Adding comments, annotations, or voting in the DQA do nothing, but as soon as I add an identification it loads for a moment and then goes blank as above.

Here is the console screenshot from this one:

If I reload the page everything goes back to normal and my ID has been added correctly. After reloading, editing my ID, deleting it, or adding a new ID does not cause the problem to happen again.

1 Like