INat app keeps crashing on android

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): It worked a bit earlier, but now, when I open INaturalist, the app crashes a few seconds after. I have restarted my phone but it didn’t solved the issue. I checked on the playstore, my application is up to date.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

1 Like

That’s exactly what is happening to me. I hope it can be solved.

My App, like in your Screenshot, doesnt load any pictures. It doesnt crash though.
(Version 1.28.15 (568))

The lack of pictures is likely related to a bug that was live in our API for a couple hours today. Could you please check if pictures are loading now? Thanks!

1 Like

Pictures are loading again, but not not recent thumbnails in the Activity tab. Ive tryed restarting the app and phone.

One crash on the identify/identifications tab, after that it is loading normally, also the identify page.

It still crashes and the pictures are not displayed

Good news, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and now it seems to work!

1 Like

Still no thumbnails on acivities from 1-3 hours ago, but new notifications coming in now do have thumbnails so i guess its probably fixed.

1 Like

Exactly the same issue here. It happens during the ‘Clean Up’ phase for me.

1 Like

Mine isn’t crashing, but it isn’t putting new entries in the activity feed in the app.

I was just refreshing the identify page on Chrome and

1 Like

Maybe related? This is my browser ATM.

Jinx! We must’ve posted at the exact same time.

1 Like

Uninstalled/reinstalled and same problem with the crashes. Website seems normal on my mobile Chrome on Android.

Quick update - following links to the app from Chrome seems to work. Although they are still slow and loathe to load correctly sometimes as before they function ‘normally’

Can you please reopen the app after it crashes and send us log files? To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

1 Like

At some point yesterday evening (12hrs ago approx.) it suddenly stabilised but the website went down. App seems fine now, though

1 Like