iNat down for 5 minutes now (Jan 28 2021)

No, you’re in the past, lol !

1 Like

This isn’t place for this kind of chat, so maybe we should continue it somewhere else.

True.

added the date to the title to prevent confusion.

Sorry folks, it’s back down. Working on it again. This is largely beyond our control.

4 Likes

Down again.

and it’s gone again :(
notificationsdown

All was working just fine, but in the last five minutes I’ve been getting quite a few “500 Internal Server Error” messages and have difficulties posting.

Dang it!! Well, I’ve been hanging out on the forum anyway.

It’s also prime time to spam memes on the iNat Discord server ;)

3 Likes

As a sysadmin I would just like to give my appreciation/sympathy to whoever (likely) got woken up by a pager alert at 6:30AM Pacific Time.

4 Likes

i refreshed the web ding, ding.
it hit the server ding ding.
i got response ding ding,
my iNat kingdom is down :(

(first post should be regretful as this lol)

2 Likes

Does anyone know why this is actually happening?

I think it’s due to a server issue.

It’s funny how when iNat goes down, I only have to glance at the Forum and that alert appears almost instantly. No other service I have provides such rapid feedback to their customers.

8 Likes

I found very few things this accurate !

Please confine that to #memes !

2 Likes

Although we don’t know how long it will take, I recommend that you may want to make other plans for the next few hours if you had planned to mostly spend them on iNat. We aren’t sure at the moment how long this will take to resolve.

If you’re frequently hitting refresh, you may have noticed some brief periods of restoration and/or a change in the message from “iNaturalist website is down” to “iNaturalist is Catching Some Zs”. We’re having issues with the database sever that are not resolving promptly and iNaturalist is likely to be up and down while we sort this out.

9 Likes

Wanted to say that every user equals in 1 iNat pseudopodia.

1 Like

Darn, guess I’ll have to do some work.

8 Likes