iNat Milestones

Hehehe

Screenshot 2023-01-07 8.16.13 PM

16 Likes

Exactly doubled mine from 2 weeks ago​:laughing::+1:

4 Likes

I just hit 100,000 identifications. Yay, me!

I think I’ll celebrate by ordering myself a game camera.

And then go start on the second 100,000 IDs.

16 Likes

I was only saying the other day that I was close to 50k. Then I forgot to take notice and missed the milestone. Bah!

10 Likes

happens to the best of us ;-D

id 50000

8 Likes

I passed 15,000 IDs for others without noticing

9 Likes

May aims for this year:

passing 10.000 observations
passing 3.000 species
passing 100.000 IDs

most difficult will probably the species, but it can be doable, especially if this year I manage to get down from the Andes for some trips. Let´s see.

Edit: haha, my aims … not aims for May…will not manage😆

4 Likes

And I passed 500 observations without noticing.

8 Likes

Today I passed 250,000 identifications for others. That’s what could be called my gross identifications; the net would be identifications after withdrawing or changing the ones that were errors. Still, it feels good.

18 Likes

That is really amazing and extremely generous of you. Thank you so much!

6 Likes

81K IDs for others. (But 34K IN 2022 so if I kept that impetus going …
LONG time before I will reach a quarter of a million!

7 Likes

You can use this link for your net identifications
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?ident_user_id=sedgequeen&not_user_id=sedgequeen&place_id=any&verifiable=any
248,056 observations IDed

2 Likes

@dianastuder – That suggests you might have a life. Other than iNaturalist.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s an interesting link to play with.

I saw several others on here pass this milestone and finally made it there as well.
ID_Stats_02042023
I did notice that my profile still shows a lower number (currently 39,543 IDs). I’m pretty sure this has been asked before but I can’t seem to find a clear answer. Does anyone know why these numbers differ?

It’s not the number of withdrawn IDs because when I withdrew one earlier today to see what happens, the Stats count on the Identifications page (where it now shows the 40,000) went down by one. So I’m wondering what 457 IDs it’s counting that aren’t counted for the profile stats. Even more puzzling, if I search for my identifications total using the URL (https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?ident_user_id=annkatrinrose), I get 40,203 for verifiable/NA (41,512 worldwide) and 46,811 total including casual. I feel like this may already have been discussed in another thread but can’t seem to find it.

10 Likes

Was it something about leaf taxa - one counts them, and the other doesn’t.

Devilish

13 Likes

The neighbourhood of the beast.

1 Like

Anyone who makes that many IDs is an angelic beast!

3 Likes

Angels would be a new kingdom? Beasts we have already.

2 Likes