iNat Milestones

Birds obs don’t need 7th id to be correctly ided.

3 Likes

That is why I unfollow each obs, once I am comfortable with my ID. Otherwise we get SWAMPED in notifications. Until we finally get the new improved. One person fled iNat because of too many notifications!

5 Likes

Two in one day! My 4000th obs, and my 1000th species. (Although they are of course random functions of the order uploaded, and what’s been identified so far!)

14 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

500 people have made an identification for me! That’s a nice round number.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&subview=table&user_id=egordon88&verifiable=any&view=identifiers

Shoutouts to @joshuacde @trinaroberts @aspidoscelis to name a few. I don’t know how many use the forum.

12 Likes

I just hit 3,000 observations :smiley:

14 Likes

Just hit 70,000 IDs.

ETA: Whoa. I just did the math and I’ve made an average of 166 IDs a day so far this year. I guess the New England plant ID-a-thon back in February really boosted that average.

14 Likes

I just made my 800th observation! I hope someone knowledgeable about leafhoppers spots it and gives me some feedback on this sometime soon; if I got my ID right it would be the first observation of the species in my state!

12 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you!

Congrats! I am hitting my 20.000 ID tomorrow :-)

Why not just tag one of the top identifiers? They are usually happy to help

4 Likes

I was considering it but I try to be patient and see if anyone helpful stumbles upon it first, I’m sure they’re busy people who get tagged a lot. I’ll give it another day or two and if I still need help I’ll reach out. :)

2 Likes

Sure. But I think there is no need to be afraid of using tags. If they don´t have the time (or will) to help they will just not do it and if this is a regular thing you will figure it out quickly. But most of these top identifiers are very happy to help (for example nomolosx that is in your IDerlist on top, who is super nice and helpful).

I personally as a identifier am happy to help if I can, but I just don´t see everything that might be in my sweetspot :-)

4 Likes

I recently passed 100 species (focusing on arthropods with a handful of exceptions) observed in my small container garden on a fifth-floor balcony terrace in downtown Toronto. Modest compared to the rest of you but amazing to me that so much life could be found there!

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&user_id=ryanwhyte&verifiable=any

19 Likes

It would be interesting if iNat gave us a way to sort through our notifications so we can specifically find mentions.

5 Likes

Pretty impressive biodiversity. Congrats!

3 Likes

For sure… or “refind” mentions once they are not shown in new notifications anymore.

3 Likes

I tried changing from “true” to “false” but it didn’t change the results. It still includes (only) my comments and my observations where I used the keyword that I searched for. (sambiology is someone I tag a lot)
https://www.inaturalist.org/comments?mine=false&for_me=false&q=sambiology&commit=Search

1 Like

I should also mention the amount of work greenari has done, helping out with a lot of domestic Muscovy ID’s, even mentioning me as well.

I’ve now made 200,000 identifications. I’m oddly happy about that.

34 Likes