I’ve made a pervious thread about this topic, but I’m asking again now that I have more concrete plans. In July of next year, I’m going to be visiting Cape Town (plus some other stuff in ZA – but that’s not relevant). I know I’m going to do the following:
- Visiting penguins on Boulders Beach
- Going to Robben Island (more of a historical learning experience, though)
- Exploring wineries around Stellenbosch
- Visiting Kirstenbosch
- Doing something on Table Mountain
- Possibly visiting the Western Cape MPA (Langebaan, mostly)
- Visiting the Two Oceans Aquarium (obviously not wild animals)
Is there anything else that’s absolutely worth doing, nature-wise, in Cape Town at that time of year? Bonus points if it also appeals to non-naturalists.
Any specific species common around the city to look out for?
Side note, but how common are Cape Fur Seals this time of year? Am I likely to see them on the docks around the Aquarium?