iNaturalist Updates for August 2022

Here’s a list of iNat updates for August 2022. Thank you, Forum Moderators, for tracking them!

General

Website

• Taxon photo editor now explains you can enter an observation’s ID number to see its photos.

Android

View all release notes

• Released version 1.27.7 (549), with bug fixes. If one observation has something wrong with it, (eg a date in the future) that observation now won’t prevent other observations from being uploaded.
  • Apps should no longer display negative observation counts.
  • Issues with photos that have malformed EXIF data should be fixed.
  • Continued work on new app

iOS

View all release notes

• Continued work on new app and bug fixes for current app (but not released)

Seek

• Released August challenge

iNat Blog

For even more bug fixes and updates, check out iNaturalist on github and see previous monthly updates.

11 Likes

I hope there’s a new identifier profile coming soon

4 Likes

Unfortunately I had to shuffle a few things around this month. Hoping to have two next month.

4 Likes

I encountered this earlier in the week when explaining to another user how to add a taxon photo. It’s a useful tweak.Thanks.

2 Likes

Awesome! I haven’t heard about this yet. What are the goals of a new app?

1 Like

More info here: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/inaturalist-mobile-app-development-news/27157

1 Like

Very nice, somehow I missed that post. Flagging that the readme file for the INaturalistIOS repo references a roadmap that was last updated in 2018. I think the link should be removed as it causes confusion, especially in light of the new React native app plans.

1 Like

Thanks, I updated the readme to point to iNatRN instead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.