iNaturalist Updates for March 2024

Here’s a list of iNat updates for March 2024, sorry for the delay - totally my fault. Thanks for helping to track these, forum moderators!

General

Website

• Minor bug fixes and updates.

Android

View all release notes

• Show a banner for users without a confirmed email
  • When pressing on an observation marker in the explore screen map, fix/improve algorithm for detecting nearby points
  • The Android app’s replacement continues to be in pre-Alpha testing with staff

iOS

• No updates on the current version of the iOS app. Its replacement is in pre-Alpha testing with staff

Seek

• Released March challenge

iNat Blog

For even more bug fixes and updates, check out iNaturalist on github and see previous monthly updates.

16 Likes

Thanks for all your work!

The app on my (admittedly somewhat old) Android phone is quite buggy. It often takes a long time to load, and occasionally crashes. Is it worth submitting bug reports for these issues if there’s a new app pending? Also: can I sign up to be a beta tester? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 12.

Please do provide bug reports. I actually have that device so I can test with it.

Will do!

Well, it turns out uninstalling/reinstalling the app solved the issues, so never mind. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes