iNaturalist Updates for November (and December 1st) 2023

Here’s a list of iNat updates for November (and December 1st) 2023. Thanks for helping track these, forum moderators!

General

Website

Android

View all release notes

• Implemented “hidden content” display that had previously been added to the website

iOS

• Released version 3.3.1: fixes for the location chooser (buttons are easier to see now), hyphens are no longer needed when searching taxa, and increased number of images that can be imported in one batch from 4 to 8

Seek

• Released November challenge

iNat Blog

For even more bug fixes and updates, check out iNaturalist on github and see previous monthly updates.

8 Likes

Anybody else having trouble loading their personal Year in Review? Mine has been loading for 20 minutes with no signs of progress

3 Likes

Looking into it.

1 Like

There’s a bottleneck right now, so hold tight and it should eventually go through (maybe refresh?). We’re going to make some changes to hopefully handle the requests, sorry about that.

2 Likes

Looksl like it’s there now. https://www.inaturalist.org/stats/2023/neontetraploid

1 Like

Question, please. When I tried this morning, my YIR only seems to show data through July 1, 2023, I just tried again and see the same thing. Would you know if I could have done something wrong? Am I interpreting the graphs the wrong way?

It was a slower year for me due to stuff, but I’m sure I’ve posted a few hundred more obs in the 2nd half of the year.

Thanks for looking

2 Likes

Have you tried clicking the button “regenerate stats,” way down at the bottom of the page?

3 Likes

:clap:t2: that fixed it :smile_cat:thank you

2 Likes

Yeah, generating the charts is a bit intensive so you have to manually do it, it doesn’t update automatically.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.