Incorrect identifications

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 2.15.6

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: the “automatic picture when identification reaches species” is on

Step 2: species is wildly misidentified, this has happened multiple times in the past few months and identifications in the app are getting more difficult even for common species.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Have you tried using iNaturalist instead of Seek? I think Seek uses an older version of the CV model that suggests IDs.

1 Like

You’ve got to admit, that polar bear has awesome camouflage.

12 Likes

I don’t think this is a bug, it’s just an example of the limits of Seek and computer vision suggestions. Was this a photo you imported into Seek, or was it taken with the Seek camera?

3 Likes

I used the seek camera to take the photo in real time.

I haven’t delved into using my computer. Is there a specific inaturalist app or is it all PC based?

There are iNaturalist apps for both Android and iOS. The most feature-rich version is the website: iNaturalist.org. Seek is intentionally limited to work without a live internet connection and give privacy for younger users.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 15 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.