Seek cannot identify anything since several months

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS (iphone 11 pro)

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 2.4.18

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): Nothing ever IDs when I take a photo of it

Open Seek, upload a photo from camera, nothing can be identified.

Open seek, use camera within app, can only identify genus.

Hi @evevvren, welcome to the iNaturalist Forum and sorry you’re experiencing issues with the Seek app. I wasn’t able to replicate the issue on iOS in Seek v. 2.4.18; it’s able to identify to species for me.

It might be difficult to diagnose the issue without specific examples such as some of the photos you are using or a screen recording. Could you share some examples?

Another option to help troubleshoot is to try adding a high quality stock photo of a very easily identifiable species to Seek, e.g. a monarch butterfly (just be sure not to upload it to iNaturalist).

1 Like

Are these images you’re taking with the Seek camera, or are they images you’re importing from your photo library?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.