Is it possible to retrieve lost notes?

I spent about an hour today generating a description of a specimen that I entered as a note for one of my observations. I just now used the app to add an additional photo of that specimen, and discovered that I had accidentally erased the description, reverting it to my field annotation. Is there any way to undo this, or do I have to reanalyze the biometry and rewrite the description?

1 Like

if this observation was created today, i’m guessing your notes are probably lost at this point (sorry), unless you happen to have the pre-accident version saved / exported the observation or still have it pulled up on a browser tab or on another device or something like that. if it was created some time ago with the notes, and it’s research grade, it’s possible that it made its way to GBIF, and you might be able to get a copy of the notes from there.

2 Likes

Thanks, I figured something like that might be the case. Oh well.

2 Likes

No idea, sorry

If you haven’t already recreated it, could you private message me with information I might use to locate the request - what time did it happen, what observation was it, what was in the description, etc? I’ll see if I can dig anything up in the server logs

3 Likes

Not sure if you saw this…@jameskm

2 Likes

This observation: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/50904249. I have only partially recreated it so far. The description would have been in its final form by about 8 pm last night, and the description had descriptions of the hairs, asci, and spores with measurements both alive and dead (marked by stars and daggers).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.