Is there any way a blocked user can see my observations?

I can’t tell from the iNaturalist description whether there’s a way a blocked user can see my observations, and if so, under what circumstances. According to iNat, blocking another user “removes your observations from their search results. However, … They can still find your observations”.

How can they find my observations if my observations are removed from their search results?

2 Likes

The simplest way would be to log out. You can still search for observations by specific users even if you are not signed in.

6 Likes

If they log out of their iNat account or use a private (incognito) web browsing window, they can use a filter like:

3 Likes

Remember
iNat obs and IDs and comments are all Public.
So too are these Forum posts.

3 Likes

So if they’re not specifically searching for me, but searching for observations in a certain area within a specific time frame, mine wouldn’t show up for them if they were logged in? But if they logged out or used a private web browsing window and did the search they would see my observations? But even so, they wouldn’t be able to ID them or comment on them, correct?

2 Likes

IDs and comments can’t be made when logged out, so correct

1 Like

They can see you, but can’t engage with you.

What a spectacularly beautiful mosaic - brava!!

Thank you! It was a ton of work, but well worth it. :)

1 Like

If you have pictures of your process, drawing, tiles you used, … you could make a journal post.
I didn’t realise from your thumbnail, that it isn’t just another (good) ‘picture of a butterfly’.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.