Kid Writes About Seek

Here’s a pretty adorable piece about Seek that a young boy wrote (posted to Twitter by his parent/guardian):

35 Likes

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to work with environmental education in the future. While it is not possible, I do my best to share iNaturalist with science teachers that I know, so that they can maybe introduce it in their teaching schedules :)

5 Likes

“helps me be a better entomologist” im smiling so much i love that :)))))

5 Likes

That is so adorable! It must be extra heartwarming for anyone who worked on Seek (or iNaturalist in general).

2 Likes

Me too!

https://twitter.com/PeccaryNotPig/status/1336433811513491456?s=20

5 Likes

This is just about the cutest thing ever. Exactly what I needed after I said good bye to my students on the last day of class today. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s awesome! It seems like just the thing I would be writing about at his age.

1 Like

Super cute! We shouldn’t forget that this is a funk-fueled essay by the band “Pigeons Playing Ping Pong”. iNat rocks. Funk rocks.

1 Like

Sorry? Kindly explain…

What does that funk music recording have to do with this very beautiful and touching child’s contribution?

If you read the tweet linked to in the first post, it says

If you’re interested in reading the funk-fueled essay here it is: a kind of love letter to the app Seek by iNaturalist which this kid uses to identify insects across the borderlands.

And that tweet is a follow up to an original tweet, showing the boy dancing to funk music as he writes: https://twitter.com/PeccaryNotPig/status/1336104269489958912?s=20

Thanks, good to know. I suppose that makes it a slightly less random reason to promote (a band) via a rather tangential aspect to the post.

I loved the video of the boy dancing (of course, he dances far better than I could hope to).

That must make all the effort worthwhile.

I’m an continually impressed with how well it works!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.