App version number: 1.20.14 (445) but it’s been happening for several versions
- I create an observation and set the location with accuracy 268m.
- After tapping the checkmark to save the location, it’s set to this, with accuracy 269m. (In this example it changed only very slightly but other times it has changed a lot, sometimes nearly doubling.)
- Opening the location picker again to fix it displays the location accuracy as 269 but the actual circle is much larger…
- … and tapping the checkbox again saves the expanded radius of 526:
- Opening the location picker again has the radius expand even further:
- I made a new observation and pinned its location, with accuracy of 299, which changed to 300 when I left the location picker:
- In a new observation, I picked the pinned location. It still displays the accuracy as 299, but the circle is much larger:
- Saving the location and going back to the observation, the accuracy has been saved as 526.
Description of problem: Location accuracy data doesn’t get saved as what I actually set it to, but saves as something larger, sometimes significantly so. This happens whether I set the location manually on the map or whether I pick a pinned location from the list. Opening and re-saving the location multiple times without changing it causes it to balloon outward exponentially.
This has been an issue for quite a while, through several updates and cache clearings on my end, but I didn’t report it because it was such a glaring issue that I assumed someone else had noticed and reported it and it was getting fixed, but searching the bug reports forum didn’t seem to have any matching results so I guess it wasn’t?
Anyway, thank you for your time